Who was the Worst President of Your Lifetime?

lmiller95

Answers may vary. But (so far) I have to give it to George W. Bush. The war in Iraq which is at least 2 trillion dollars, the secret energy meeting, the wasted good will, etc.

roadkill

Jokeroo Enthusiast
it depends on who you ask...being NA..i will say they all are low life liars

Romford Lad

Jokeroo Enthusiast
Well going purely on the question ~ I would have to say Idi Amin of Uganda ~ a total despot if ever there was one.....

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
What are you rating them on? Doing what they set out to do? Keeping campaign promises? Being truthful? Personal integrity? I can come up with a different list each time, depending on the criterion.

Vinnie

I think you need an honourable mention for Pol Pot when you are considering the worst in my lifetime.

TwiztedAngel

As far as American presidents go, I would have to concur that G. W. Bush was the worst in my lifetime. Yes. This means he was even worse than Richard Nixon.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
It would seem morals don't matter...but what does? What makes one man "good" and another man "bad"?

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="likeaneagle, post: 4847948]money![/QUOTE]

I don't understand, Lynn. Are you saying money makes them good, or money makes them bad? I AM serious about this...unless folks are just picking names out of a hat, there must be a reason for choosing a certain person.

TwiztedAngel

I believe it is the love of money (greed) that makes them bad. What is worse, is the lengths politicians will go to in order to get it.

You might say "power" is more evil, but what does one do with power, if not to obtain more money?

Republicans call Democrats "Tax and Spend". What do Republicans do with the tax money every time they jack up taxes, if they do not spend it?

lmiller95

[QUOTE="muchtrouble10, post: 4848181]In other words, Bush was greedier than any other President?[/QUOTE]

I was asking about American presidents, I should have clarified or Pol Pot and Amin would be in top 5.

It seemed like W. and his administration were in it just for the money. So yeah, using the country as an investment scheme ranks up there with me.

Tsalagi

Not in my lifetime, but we have had some pretty greedy Presidents.
For example, Ulysses S. Grant, whose administration was involved in seven MAJOR corruption schemes.
Then there was Warren G. Harding, with the Teapot Dome oil sell-off and a lor more.
And in my day, Lyndon B. Johnson with the phoney fertilizer tanks and getting us into Viet Nam to benefit General Dynamics and Halliburton.
And "Slick Willie" Clinton, whose entire political career has involved corruption ever since he was attorney general of Arkansas. (Like draft-dodging, Whitewater, Travelgate, the Rose Law Firm scandal, the rape of several female staff, and littering semen on a little blue dress.

T

Tsalagi

[QUOTE="TwiztedAngel, post: 4848165]

Republicans call Democrats "Tax and Spend". What do Republicans do with the tax money every time they jack up taxes, if they do not spend it?
[/QUOTE]

Pay for all the Democrat's wasteful programs.

T

sybarite

As long as I have been alive all of the presidents have come from the establishment so it doesn't really matter who it is. They are all living by establishment rules so unless we get someone in that is not a career politician, it's going to be more of the same. We will continue to lose jobs, more taxes will be taken out of our paychecks, and while they line their pockets, our lifestyle will continue to deteriorate.

squirt

Administrator
did you know that he was worth $35 million while he was in office? money was never an issue for him, his grandfather made the family fortune, but he made $15 million just on his investment in the Texas Rangers, and he made millions in the oil business long before he ever took office!

if we're going to use money as a criteria, John F. Kennedy was worth over $1 billion[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

kipper

Super Moderator
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4848355]As long as I have been alive all of the presidents have come from the establishment so it doesn't really matter who it is. They are all living by establishment rules so unless we get someone in that is not a career politician, it's going to be more of the same. We will continue to lose jobs, more taxes will be taken out of our paychecks, and while they line their pockets, our lifestyle will continue to deteriorate.[/QUOTE]

Even Reagan and peanut Jimmy??

sybarite

[QUOTE="kipper, post: 4848786]Even Reagan and peanut Jimmy??[/QUOTE]

Yep. Reagan was a career politician for 8 years before he became president. Carter, 9 years.

muchtrouble10

Jokeroo Legend
[QUOTE="sybarite, post: 4848949]Yep. Reagan was a career politician for 8 years before he became president. Carter, 9 years.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you will ever have your local supermarket manager become president, so they will all have "political" experience of some kind. However, there IS a difference between the professional politician and the one who acts as a "public servant" representing the people. (The later can sometimes be more easily found in local politics.)

As far as the money issue goes...having money isn't necessarily a bad thing...the "evil" comes with the LOVE of money and the "me, me, me" attitude.